The Empress Online

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Will this week never end?

My mum says I should have a better attitude about this whole mega early mornings deal -- she always says I should have a better attitude about stuff. Sometimes she's right, of course. But sometimes... Let's see HER doing this shift every day. Let's see HER trying to keep awake, especially during the first week, when her body and mind are still in shock due to the sudden schedule change.

I love my mum, but sometimes she drives me nuts. Email (and my moving to another country) may have changed our relationship for the better, but sometimes she just can't help herself in the mothering department.

No one likes to be told what to do. Or I don't, in any case. Funny: she mostly treats me like an adult since I moved away, but sometimes, she just can't help herself and her 'mother knows best' attitude. Even on email. It's just silly now, too: I'll be 30 this year and she's still wanting to tell me what to do.

Do I have a bad attitude about this horrible shift? You betcha I do! My whole internal clock is traumatized, my social life is impaired and I can't even make my schedule match Ian's (a.k.a significant other). And I kind of miss him.

On the plus side, HOPEFULLY by this time next week I'll be back to regular hours.

Now, that I can have a good attitude about...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home