The Empress Online

Monday, January 30, 2006

The best kind of dream.

I love dreaming. It reminds me that despite my mundane job, my mind is still quite capable of creativity. And my favourite kind of dream is what I like to call the 'movie dream'. Or, in keeping with the Jungian theme started below, the 'quest dream'.

My dominant dream last night was one of those super-cool movie/quest dreams. Unfortunately, now that I've finally made it to a keyboard (couldn't even have made it to pen and paper earlier, either), only bits and pieces remain.

All I remember now is that my best friend, Blanca (who actually goes by Edith, her middle-name, but I've never been able to get used to calling her that) and I were in some sort of mission or adventure. We had to transport something safely -- sadly, I can't remember what the 'something' was (which is too bad... It was probably some kind of symbol that would've served well for some sort of cool, free-form dream interpretation...). Anyway, Blanca and I were tag-teaming in this and we had to get this 'something' to a safe place. Unfailingly, we were also being chased by some man in black clothes, who was after the fabled 'something'.

Although the details are positively blurred at this point, I do remember a bit of an Indiana-Jonesque chase and scenery -- an old monastery lit only by torches on the walls and with a hidden, narrow spiral staircase decending into what, funnily enough, looked more like above-ground than the monastery itself. There were monks in the monastery, of course, who were trying to help us run from the man in black because they also wanted us to get the 'something' we had to its destination. And before the monastery, we were also in a hot-air balloon, at a party, and who knows where else... Gods, I wish I could remember! It was crazy fun!

Unfortunately, my must-wake-up-early-must-wake-up-early-must-wake-up-early paranoia (see the note below) awoke me in the middle of this wonderful adventure. I trie d to pick of the thread where I'd left it, but I probably didn't succeed, or I did and I just don't remember.

Pity. I would've liked to know how it all turned out. I think by the time my paranoia woke me up, we had made it closer to safety. There was more light and we were surrounded by friendly priest-clad monks outside the monastery itself, that is, the bright room at the bottom of the spiral staircase. And I remember feeling like I was closer to our destination, though not quiet there yet.

Hmmm... I really do wish I could remember more details...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home