The Empress Online

Friday, January 27, 2006

Not a bad day, yesterday

So... Despite the ongodly work hours I've been whining about all week, turns out yesterday was not a bad day for me after all -- once I was sufficiently caffeinated and had the work bit out of the way, that is. I went from work to a much-awaited private class with my flamenco teacher. I've been doing sporadic privates this term, trying to work on my own choreography, and every time I've gotten A LOT out of these one-on-one sessions. I mean, I've learned tons in the 5+ years I've been dancing, but these private classes are forcing me to think creatively while making me understand more of the art form and how my body relates to it. I'm going to try and do this once a month, so I can actually further my piece a bit every time. It's all very exciting and it in fact makes me feel more confident about my ability as a dancer -- quite an accomplishment, for someone with no dancing training previous to my first incursions into Flamenco a little over 5 years ago! I can't wait until I can really, really, REALLY hold my own on stage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home