The Empress Online

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Umbrella or canoe?

Rain, rain, rain and then some more rain... That's all we've had since... well, I can't even remember any more.

I keep hearing we don't really get half as much rain here in Victoria as the poor soggy folk from North Vancouver, but I'd wager this weekend could easily throw that theory out the window... (and/or into the rain...)

I'm writing from Ian's place (gotta love having a portable computer with software that picks up wireless internet). Once again, I've sacrificed a couple of sacred Sunday evening hours to work (eww). And it's not because I'm some sort of workaholic -- I personally don't care all that much about my job anyway. Pays the bills, period. Anyway, I've had to sacrifice a couple of hours a Sunday for two weeks just so I can't minimize my early morning shifts as much as possible. You see, the whole pre-pre-dawn shift thing is so I can do 'media monitoring' -- i.e. check all the bloody provincial media for stuff related to my current place of work. Now, the 'nice' people at the Top want their media summaries well in advance of the start of THEIR work day, hence the early shift, the sleep deprivation, and its natural consequences: crankiness and day-long brain-deadness.

Luckily, with so many staff movements in my current office, tomorrow is very likely to be the last day I'm forced to do this shift! *insert celebratory music here*.

That's beyond good news -- I don't know how much longer my body/mind can take this abuse...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home