The Empress Online

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Vaguely annoying

There are three smokers in my office. They each take at least 3 to 5 smoke breaks a day -- some of them longer than others, some of them in tandem. No one gives a crap. In fact, normally, I wouldn't either, except a co-worker has gotten reprimanded twice for hanging out in my office... She's doing her work in a timely way, she never takes lunch breaks or coffee breaks (or smoke breaks, for that matter), but our local little micro-management guru finds it's not ok for her to take a handful of breaks a day to chat with me when neither of us is particularly busy!

Betcha if we took off the same amount of break time outside, with a lung-cancer-stick between our fingers, no one would give a crap, either.

And, did I mention that said micro-management guro is one of the smokers in this place?

Under normal circumstances, this would piss me off a hell of a lot more, but right now I don't even have the energy for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home