The Empress Online

Friday, August 17, 2007

Wasps and Politicians

They're pretty much the same, that's all I've got to say -- that's all I can say, without revealing too much.

Suffice it to say that yesterday I had a brief run in with both species and it only reminded me of two things:

1)I hate them both
2)They're not that different from each other

Funny how things worked out, too: that morning I was terrorized by two (2!!) wasps INSIDE my boyfriend's house. I'm terrified of the damn things, as laughable as it may seem to many (mind you, I'm allergic even to mosquito bites, so that renders my terror of bigger stingers at least a degree less pathetic than initially presumed). Well, now I strongly suspect there might be a wasps' nest somewhere in that house, as these two were the fifth and sixth we've killed inside since the winter. Anyway, there I was, carefully making my escape after killing one of the evil buzzers with a can of Raid, and my literary, fanciful, allegoric mind, was thinking... "hmmm... if ants and bees simbolize work, mosquitoes, annoyance, and large flies, death, I wonder what wasps simbolize?"

On I went with my day, hearing paranoid buzzing wherever I went -- well, only for about half an hour... Then I forgot all about it... Until...

In the late afternoon, I had a DISGUSTING meeting with a politician and his staff. It just reminded me (as if I needed a reminder!) how much utter contempt I hold these people in, and why. Underhanded, self-important little dweeb. For obvious reasons, I can't go into detail. Suffice it to say that one of my meeting peers was left all shaky and as disgusted as I was, and that I was automatically reminded of my wasp experience in the morning... And it just all seemed to fit so perfectly!

I so need to find a different job! One that doesn't require for me to even peripherally deal with these Wasp-People. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done in this town...

But, hey, maybe I'll get a request for a partial and then a full and then I'll have super-star literary agent who'll get me a killer deal with a big house, and my book will sell like hot cakes, and I'll be free to do what I really love, without having to worry about money or dealing with politicians ever again!

Gotta keep up the positive thinking here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home