The Empress Online

Friday, October 20, 2006

Somewhere, somehow something must have gone horribly wrong.

I sit in the green, whispering light of fluorescent overheads, my head throbbing,
my eyes weak from the vibrating brightness of the screen.
I stretch my back – a cat with an interrupted spine.

I’m dry. Inside and out..
Boredom ages me.
Listlessness. Platitude.

I catch glimpses of myself in mirrors
and see no one that I know.
I catch glimpses of myself in my morning coffee
and I curl back into myself

Yesterday I wanted to crawl into your body
Have you around me, over me, in me
Comfort, a safe harbour
A moment of peace.

Today I live outside my body
And all that happens is a tall tale told by someone else
There’s no distinction
Myth and reality and pain
Blend into each other
No seams
No ruptures
No patches
No cracks

I see my past and in it I see a bright future of fulfilled dreams.
I see my present and I see nothing
How did I get here, anyway, and why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home