The Empress Online

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Once a month is better than never...

I keep meaning to write a new entry, but I keep getting sidetracked, or feeling uninspired, or just plain lazy or all of the above. God know it's not due to lack of time. I seem to have nothing but time lately. I've had nothing to do at work for about two weeks now and it's driving me INSANE. I keep thinking that now that we have a new director (whom I know to be nice and bright) things will get a little more interesting for yours truly, but so far, nothing has changed. In all fairness, said new director has only been here four days and has been stuck in briefing after briefing, meeting after meeting, so she has barely had a chance to meet with us as a group, let alone individually. So... I'm still hopeful.

Other stuff that's pissing me off...

Last year tickets for the Flamenco Feria were $35 and us dancers got a comp each in lieu of pay -- which was wonderful and unexpected, especially for me (I'm not a strong enough dancer and the responsibility that comes with getting paid for dancing is a bit more than I can handle right now -- perhaps ever). This year's tickets are $45 and only 3 of all 6 dancers are getting comps -- which is ok, because they're the professional dancers and I really have no problem with that. Sure, it's a bit disappointing not to get a comp after having gotten one last year, but whatever. What's pissing me off is the fact that I asked about comps about four weeks ago, then asked again two weeks ago and no one had an answer for me until last Saturday -- two weeks before the Feria). So, I show up to my next class (last night) and I ask for one ticket to be held (I didn't reserve one before because I was waiting to hear about comps!) and it turns out the school is out of tickets! If I want one, I have to make it to the retail outlets that are selling them and hope to god that they aren't sold out yet. As things stands, I'm starting to doubt very much that Ian will be able to see me dance. And that sucks. I was sooo choked last night! Fine, don't give me a comp, what do I care, but, for the love of god, I'm IN the bloody show! I should be entitled to reserve at least one ticket for a friend!

So I'm choked and disappointed and... Well, just plain annoyed.

Almost felt like bowing out of the show, but of course I won't do it. I already said I'd be in it and I'm not going to back out now. Not that I'm terribly inspired about it now...

*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home