The Empress Online

Monday, May 15, 2006

Getting better

I'm still depressed, but definitely getting better. Quite frankly I don't know whether it has anything to do with the SAMe tablets my doctor recommended, or with the fact that this particular Big Bad is just running its course.

It's the first time in my life I'm taking anything for depression -- it's not an anti-depressant per se, though, which is a monumentally good thing, as I'm terrified of pharmaceuticals and quite frankly, I don't even believe in them. Anyway, SAMe is actually a naturally-occurring aminoacid (S-Adenosylmethionate??? S-Adenosylmethion-something, in any case) that encourages the production of serotonin, which is the brain chemical that seems to be lacking when depression hits. I don't know if it'll keep working, or how much longer I'll need to take it before regaining some focus and getting rid of all this horrendous melancholia, but I do feel better that I was a week and a half ago.

Like I told my doctor: it's like I'm me, Depressed, as oppossed to Depression Incarnate.

I can't wait until I feel better. I mean, really, really BETTER.

No.

I can't wait until I am WELL AGAIN.

Better schmetter.

I want to be WELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home