The Empress Online

Friday, September 08, 2006

Better late than never

I'm pleasantly surprised that despite my long absence Blogger.com hasn't deleted my blog or my profile...

Why the long silence, you'll wonder....

The short answer: I've been busy and other stuff has taken precedence over the past few... months...

Not much has changed since my last note, all those weeks and weeks ago:


  • SAMe did work its magic and I was cured from that awful latest bout of depression within a couple of months.
  • I still abhor my current employment situation. The only thing keeping me from quitting altogether is the stupid money bit. Damn money and the need for it.
  • Still dancing.
  • Still dating the same guy.

The new stuff:

  • I'm applying for jobs left and right -- I can barely take this any longer. Especially when I find myself in that HORRIBLE position of having to do the STUPID, POINTLESS early shift. I'm particularly peeved off right now because the person who's supposed to be 'first runner up' when the girl who does that shift is on vacation, has been whining that he doesn't want to take over -- even though he's admitted that he's up at 5 a.m. every morning nonetheless!!!! I was supposed to be Last Resort Girl, which is bad enough, but this is just bullcrap. My boss, wisely, had no choice but to split it in half, so I'm stuck with the shittiest job/shift for two days next week -- one of which I have to be at work at 5:30 in the bloody morning. And all because Mr. First Runner Up doesn't feel like coming to work even though he's awake anyway. Boy, I'm effing furious! If this guy even attempts to talk to me ever again, he can go straight to hell. It's too bad, because he was one of the people I actually could stand in this place, but this is bullshit. I'd understand if he also had a problem with mornings, but this is just a bloody temper tantrum. A temper tantrum that will cost me the use of my brain for two days or more. Not to say the loss of my precious time/sleep/energy. I have no words to express how much I HATE this.
  • I actually have a job interview on Monday. It's the same type of work, except its for a Crown Corporation (so, no more coddling polititians) and there's no early morning shift from hell. Plus, I might actually get to do writing and whatnot. My former boss passed on the tip of the opening and she met with me yesterday to give me a couple of pointers -- it was sooo nice to see her. I miss her! I know she'll give me a glowing reference, so hopefully I'll ace that interview -- anything to get the hell out of here! Before I kill someone.
  • Aside from my job interview on Monday, I also applied to a job that actually sounds dreamy! It's for a position as Associate Editor of British Columbia Magazine -- lots of potential for creativity and fun!!! I hope I get an interview for that one... Although, of course, I won't even hear from them until after the competition's closing date on the 15... *sigh* Here's hoping. Mind you, if they offer me that other job, chances are I will take it. If nothing else, at least I wouldn't have to be the early mornings' default girl ever again. And I know that sounds pretty minor, but to me it really isn't. My brain simply doesn't work if I'm forced to be up that bloody early in the mornings. And I kind of like to have a brain in working order. So... wish me luck in my interview...
  • I have a strategy: I'm going to purposefully SUCK at the early shift next week. It's unethical and a part of me is really reluctant to doing it, but maybe that way they'll leave me alone. I'm good at the other stuff I get to do (when/if I have stuff to do, of course), so what are they going to do? Fire me? With a little luck, I'll be kissing them goodbye soon enough anyway. And I cannot stress how much 'kissing them goodbye' is a FIGURATIVE term (otherwise, the word **EEEWWWWW** comes to mind...). It's actually going to be more of a 'see you in hell' type goodbye. *sigh* Here's hoping...
  • I'm going to Spain!!!! That is soooo very exciting. Will be a few bucks, but oh well. It's a great opportunity and who knows when I'll be able to do this again. I've signed up for a class with Merche Esmeralda during the second week of the Festival de Jerez, but my plan is to get to know Madrid and Toledo, perhaps even make it to France during the first week and a half of my time on that side of the Atlantic. Then it'd be off to Andalucia -- I've got to see Granada before setting camp in Jerez for a week. During that week, though, i could take daytrips into Seville and Cadiz after my morning class. I'm sooo excited. Would be nice to have Ian along, but he's still undecided about it. I mean, I can go on my own and have a perfectly good time, but I think it would be good for him to seize the opportunity (he has never been to Spain either, and has mentioned he'd like to go) and I'm sure we'd have fun together. But it's up to him. Either way, I can't wait.

And that's it for updates/whining/venting.

Ah!

It's good to be back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home