The Empress Online

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Killing some time

I am ridiculously bored at work -- but then, what else is new?

I have the default files that nobody cares about or pays attention to, and in which nothing ever happens. Therefore once in a while I get stuck with other pariah little tasks. My brain is melting. I can't believe I actually got a better use of it when I was at my other shop. This has got to end.

And of course, I had that job interview last Monday, but I haven't heard a thing and it's been over a week, so I'm guessing I blew it. Oh well. I thought I had made a good impression on the guy who would have been my Communications Director, if the Human Resources person did seem a bit on the non-plussed side. Then, of course, there was that awful writing 'test'... First of all, I'm the Empress of Re-writes; secondly, I can't write anything brilliant when I'm nervous and have a time limit of an hour, plus the pressure of having to be brilliant. I'll be the first to admit that what I ended up with wasn't even close to what I would normally come up with under regular circumstances.

*sigh*

I should let this go. More than a week has gone by and my references haven't been checked. Oh well... Win some, lose some... I'm just so bored, my time is so wasted. And I'm starting to get genuinely scared that my brain is going to start malfunctioning out of lack of use.

As grateful as I am for my paycheque, sometimes I find it hard to believe I'm getting paid to do what I do... Whatever it is I do, that is...

Boy, this is bringing me down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home